Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Thursday 4 November 2010

Eliza Doolittle @ Bush Hall, 25/10/2010

DSC01542

Well I said we were hoping to get tickets to Bush Hall - and it didn't happen until the very last minute. Literally. I was bidding on a pair on Friday afternoon but was outbid by ... 50p. I was gutted. Really gutted. But later that night the seller emailed me and said he was selling his own pair of tickets, and would I like them. When we rang him he said he wasn't sure if he would sell them but he would let us know at 9am. 9am comes, he gives us the go ahead and I rush to pay for the tickets (the concert was on Monday!) Thankfully the tickets arrived two hours before we had to leave for Bush Hall...

The journey was really dull. 115 miles there, 115 miles back - and we didn't get home until 1.30am! And I can't believe there are like, no toilets near Bush Hall. We witnessed a man get run over whilst on his bike and he proceeded to shout abuse at the driver. Oh, and people really like using their car horns in London! We rarely hear them here in Grantham...

So anyway, Bush Hall. We waited outside until nearly 8pm... it was SO cold!! But I got some badges so it was cool. We got to the front again but there were a lot of photographers and because I am only 5'4, they were blocking my view. It kind of angered me actually because there was a woman sat on a chair at the side and they were blocking her view, I thought it was really rude and inconsiderate of them.

Tinashe was fab as always - so much energy. His drummer looks exactly like my boyfriend's cousin. It's bizarre. We picked up a CD on the way out and played it in the car on the way home. He even said thank you for coming so I felt super appreciated! :)

Eliza was amazing. The room really did light up when she came in! I thought the venue was quite echoey - it didn't have the same effect on me as The Rescue Rooms, but at least I wasn't squashed like a sardine this time, or dying from dehydration... and I didn't have tinitus for days afterwards!

Her outfit was quirky - I really liked her top. I wish I had the confidence to wear the things she does. She chose bright orange Nikes for this gig - bright and colourful, just like her.

It was really lovely when the Pack Up singer came on (I'm afraid I don't know his name). It was of course the song that everyone knew and the whole room was singing. I loved Eliza's covers again - I still have F*** You in my head and I wish she would release a version so I can put it on my iPod...!

After the show I bought a lovely tshirt. The woman overcharged me by £5 :( but never mind. It is a mens tshirt, white with blue lettering - "Just Doo It". I have no idea where it's gone as it went in the wash and hasn't come out. Not happy!

Really want to see her again, but can't really afford £46 for Paloma Faith tickets plus the £40-odd petrol to London and back... bah. Here's to hoping she will be touring again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment