Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Sunday 6 February 2011

Katy Perry - Firework

"Firework" is quite an old song now - you could say it has lost its spark, but not for me! Peaking at number 3 in the charts, Katy Perry said it was her favourite track on Teenage Dream. She said:

"People are coming back and almost adopting it as their own anthem, and it's hard, I think, to write an anthem that's not cheesy," she explained. "And I hope that this could be something in that category. I hope this could be one of those things where it's like, 'Yeah, I want to put my fist up and feel proud and feel strong."
(source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649047/katy-perry-tweets-about-sparkling-new-music-video.jhtml)


The thing I like most about Firework is its ability to inspire. I felt empowered when I listened to it for the first time on The X Factor. When I watched the video, I had to hold back the tears - it was so sad, but lovely at the same time. I thought it was wonderful. I've been going through a rough patch lately, especially with regards to my career direction. I haven't got much of an idea, but Firework says to me: you CAN do anything you want to do! I found the following lyrics particularly inspiring:

"Maybe the reason why all the doors are closed/
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road"


I'll leave you with the video - tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment