Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Sugar Crush


Hi guys! Haven't posted a Soap&Glory review for a while, so I've decided to review the latest addition to my collection - Sugar Crush. Soap & Glory is currently on offer at Boots, 3 for the price of 2, so I had to (finally!) pick it up.

"It’s sugar, baby
Use your Sugar Crush in the shower once, twice, or three times weekly, depending on the level of scaliness you struggle with. (Four times – even – if you’ve ever been labelled ‘old lizard legs’)."

Now, I wasn't sure about the scent to start with. It's quite a strong lime smell, but you can also smell a hint of almond. After getting in the bath and scrubbing it all over, it did start to grow on me. Sugar Crush contains Smashed Brown Sugar, Sweet Lime, Almond Oil, and Macadamia Grains.

I actually think the scrub is similar to Breakfast Scrub (which I promise I'll review soon!) in terms of the actual textures. It's definitely different to the likes of Flake Away and Scrub, Actually but I think that is what makes it appealing. It's quite a good scrub although I think the consistency is quite watery, and unlike Flake Away, Scrub of Your Life etc. it doesn't leave a sticky feeling on your skin afterwards. Although I personally don't mind it, I know other people do.

It IS quite expensive at £9.45, but it's a 450ml tub so it should last for quite a while unless you're abnormally flaky... I think it would do well as a gift for men, as the S&G Spa range is blue instead of the Original Pink colour. Definitely worth a go if you're looking for something a bit "different" to the usual Original Pink scrubs!

Available from Boots, £9.45.

2 comments:

  1. AMR,
    This HAS to be one of my all time FAVE's.
    It's just perfect (imo)... scent, scrubbiness, after feel AND it leaves the bathroom smelling 1000x better than those yukky chemical cleaners!
    xx Kendall - S&G HQ, London

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AGREE! It is AMAZING! I wasn't keen on the smell at first, but I really think it's fantastic now. It reminds me of those freeze pops!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete