Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Mr Medicine

I am so happy that Eliza Doolittle decided to release Mr Medicine as a single! I love it! However, I'm not optimistic about how well it's going to do in the charts. Eliza hasn't had a top 40 hit since Pack Up, and I know she's been trying really hard. I love the song but will the rest of the UK like it? We'll have to wait and see. I think the main problem is nobody really buys music any more - a lot of good artists are losing out on the chart hits when nobody buys the singles, and it's a real shame. I 100% support the music industry and will continue to buy my music to support the artists I like.

Now, I've got to admit I still don't really understand what the song is about, and the video doesn't really help to clarify it. But having said that, I do like the video; it me of an advert. It's different to what she'd normally produce, but it is essentially very much like her, if that makes sense. She's walking along the streets in the dark, with a bunch of creepy characters following her (is anyone else reminded of the Corsa 'Come on!' advert?) until she reaches her destination.

The song itself is really optimistic I feel. It's always been one of my favourites. Her voice is just something else - and it definitely makes me feel happy! Whenever I'm feeling down, I whack her cd on and it's like the sunshine has come out again.

What do you think of the video?

No comments:

Post a Comment