Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Jessie J


I find Jessie J really intriguing. When I first heard Do It Like A Dude, I instantly took a disliking to her. Don't get me wrong, I thought she was great vocally - it was just the shock of how odd the video was. She reminded me of a more gothic Lady Gaga, if I'm honest!

Then Price Tag feat. B.o.B came along. This was a style I could definitely get used to. It was softer and more appealing to me. The video definitely wasn't as "in your face" as Do It Like A Dude! Price Tag was an instant hit, even holding off competition from Lady Gaga's new song Born This Way (definitely going to do a blogpost about that video by the way, I have a lot of opinions on this one!).

In an industry that has "seen it all before", Jessie J is taking a different standing. There's just something about her and I can't quite put my finger on it. She's mesmorising, but at the same time so odd. What is it about her that is so catchy? Either way, I've been convinced enough to buy her new cd, Who You Are. I haven't had much of a chance to listen to it, but the songs are definitely different to the likes of Price Tag and Do It Like A Dude.

I'm fairly confident we'll be seeing a lot more of Jessie J, and I'm excited to see what she'll produce next. I'm going to leave you with the Price Tag video - let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment