Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Monday 28 March 2011

Simple Kind to Eyes Makeup Corrector Pen


I received the new Simple Makeup Corrector Pen in the post on Saturday, and I was pretty excited about trying it. I usually apply quite a lot of eyeliner and I have been a victim of the dreaded "panda eyes" numerous times. It's true: eyeliner just won't stay put! So, this seemed like a gift from the Beauty Queen.

The pen itself is "Simple" (see what I did there?): plain white, with the Simple logo. The tip is similar to a felt pen: small, pointed. I often have trouble removing left over eyeliner from under my waterline, so this was the area I targeted first.

...Boy, was I surprised! The pen removed all traces of the eyeliner completely, so I proceeded to remove the eyeliner from above the lashline, too. It really does work and removes the eyeliner effortlessly. And at £4.99, it's a must-have.

However, the felt pen tip can be a nuisance: it can be sharp if you angle it wrong. And cleaning it can be a pain, too; I'm never sure if it's been cleaned right or not as I can't seem to remove the eyeliner traces from the tip itself. Nevertheless, I just give it a wipe with a Simple facial wipe and hope for the best! It'd be useful if there was more information on the packet about cleaning.

As with all the Simple products, it carries the Simple Goodness promises:
- Pro-Vitamin B5 actively restores, softens and smoothes
- No Alcohol, No Oil
- Non Drying and Non Greasy
- No Perfume, No Colour
- No unnecessary ingredients and No harsh chemicals so it won’t upset your skin.
- Dermatologically Tested and Approved
Pretty Simple really, isn't it?!

Would I recommend this? Absolutely! It is a steal at £4.99, and considering how well it works to remove eyeliner in awkward places, I think it'll be staying in my daily makeup bag for a long time yet. I have fairly sensitive skin and this hasn't irritated it yet, so I would give it a thumbs up for any other sensitive skinned people out there!

Simple Kind to Eyes Makeup Corrector is available at Boots for £4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment