Who am I?

My photo
I'm a twenty year old female living in Lincolnshire. You can normally find me with a cup of tea in one hand and my trusty BlackBerry in the other. I'm an honest blogger; you can rely on me!

Thursday 16 December 2010

Some Like It Hot


Here's a review to warm you up. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling really cold today!


Some Like It Hot, £7.75

I feel that this is quite a novelty product: to activate the 'heat' of the scrub you need to shake the tube. It then heats up as it touches your skin. The sensation only lasts a few seconds but it's both fantastic and strange at the same time...

The consistency, in my opinion, is quite runny. And it feels like sandpaper when I scrub myself with it. Despite this, I like that it heats me up. It's a good thing to use if your shower water is cold (remember: shower responsibly. Use the 2 minute rinse method)!

The effectiveness of the scrub is good. It works just like any other. I still prefer the other Soap & Glory scrubs though, but this is a good substitute if you want something different, or as I said earlier, if you're feeling a bit cold!

The only problem with this product is that it dries your skin out quite quickly (because of the heating action, I presume!) so be sure to have a moisturiser on hand afterwards.

What do you think of this product? It'd be interesting to hear some other views!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison

    Myself and my boyfriend LOVE this product.

    I find the consistency to be like a good quality body wash, not runny at all and I havent had any problems with the heat, its heats up as soon as it touches my skin, my only complaint is that it looses the heat and thins down quite quickly once its on my body. My boyfriend uses it on his face which Im nto too happy about as its disappearing rather quickly. He always come out of the shower with a lovely queaky clean soft face. Love the texture, its a great scrub in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete